Saturday 1 January 2011

Farewell 2010, Welcome 2011

So 2010 was the year that introduced me to the world of derby. Looking back at some of the things that happened to me in and out of derby:

  • Announced a full weekends tournament in Aberdeen
  • NSO'd a number of bouts around the country
  • Refereed my first bout
  • I've met hundreds of new people worldwide and a massive team full of amazing people here in Newcastle
  • Experienced the joys of Deep Vein Thrombosis (ok so this isn't a highlight but it is an experience and it was derby related as I got my DVT from falling and landing on a skate wheel!)
Non-Derby stuff
  • Finally got my Degree so I am edumacated
  • Made my first steps into the world of stand up comedy - and got laughs!
  • Bought a banjo (or two) and started learning to play
  • Embraced my inner boy racer and bought a Subaru Impreza
Looking ahead to 2011
  • I already have a few derby bouts lined up as announcer and will be getting my ref on in others.
  • I've written new material and so will be hitting the stage as a stand up again
  • More Gigs with Ball of Mayhem!
  • VEGAS in APRIL!
  • A new fitter and hopefully injury free Sven
I'm not one for making new years resolutions mainly because I feel that you shouldn't have to wait for a once a year opportunity to make a change to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment