Saturday 21 May 2011

Merby? Yeah!

So last night was the first session of Tyne and Fear Roller Derby.  The North-Easts first dedicated Merby league.

This is the brainchild of Man Shaped Dog, head ref of the Newcastle Roller Girls who has been trying to get us fellow refs together for some merby action for a while but it's finally come together.  The first session was successful in that we had a decent number of guys turn up and most of them could already skate to a decent level so we were able to get onto the basics of skating, falling, stopping and even got onto some whips.  First session saw about 16 guys show up (I'm not including myself in this as I have no intention to play merby but I am there with my zebra stripes) so if we get a few more we'll have a good basis for a team.

So, in summary Merby? YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment