Wednesday 18 May 2011

So, I started well with this blogging lark!

Hello to the couple of you that have deemed me worthy of a follow.

Sorry about the lack of any substance in a while, I've been busy and here's why.

Since my last post Newcastle Roller Girls have hosted their first and second bouts on home soil (victorious in both) and I have been heavily involved in the behind the scenes marketing and setup for both. On top of that my band Ball of Mayhem (www.myspace.com/ballofmayhem) have also been involved in a massive project as well as gigging like we hate our houses.

The project (which has been vying for my time as much as roller derby!) was to take an E.P. by Swedish folk star Sofia Talvik and re-arrange and re-record it. The idea wasn't just to make her songs faster or play them with loads of distortion but to properly make them into Ball of Mayhem songs.  After a few weeks of re-writing we pretty much had the basic structures down and then we jammed them out in the studio before embarking on the mighty process of getting it all down in the studio.  That was completed a few weeks ago and after some minor adjustments they are ready for release at the start of June.  You can find more about the project and pre-order a copy if you want to here http://music.sofiatalvik.com/track/nothing-quite-so-gentle-2

Derby wise, I have been pushing my on skates reffing stuff and helping to train up some new NRG zebras. There's even the chance that I may have a co-announcer soon so I'll be able to don the stripes and ref some bouts.  That will be interesting to see.  William Hill will be running a book on how many times I fall into the path of a jammer going at full speed.
I'm also going to be reffing for the newly formed Merby league Tyne and Fear Roller Derby, Our first practice is this Friday so we'll see how that goes.

Anyway,  that's a quick update of what's going on. 

I promise I'll update this again soon... (I'm going to look back on this blatant lie in 2015 and feel a bit bad).

Sven

No comments:

Post a Comment